Sport England have announced support packages during the Covid-19 situation and one of these, the Community Emergency Fund, has been established to look at providing support to clubs during this challenging time.
If your Cheerleading club is struggling due to the Covid-19 situation, please take a look at the link below as they are not requiring clubs to be affiliated to NGBs so, Cheerleading clubs are eligible to apply for this funding:
Due to Covid-19, Sport England have changed priorities to react to this situation. They now have 2 priorities for this period and this is forming the focus for their current work:
- Supporting the sector: Action to ensure it comes through this period in as strong a position as possible
- Keeping the nation moving: Doing everything they can to encourage people to stay active wherever possible, which is now more important than ever
Further information can be found about this on their website:
This package consists of:
• A new £20 million Community Emergency Fund, which is open now for local club and community organisations to bid for grants between £300 and £10,000.
• A new £5 million fund for existing Sport England partners facing specific and immediate financial difficulty.
• £55 million put aside to support the sector during an ongoing period of restrictions; to fund new and innovative ways to keep people active and then, when it is over, to help organisations get back to business and adjust to a different environment.
• A £115 million rollover of current funding into 2021/22 to give certainty to over 100 well-established partners who play a vital role in the delivery of sport and physical activity in England, and whose current funding agreements with Sport England run out in March 2021.